BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like HelloFresh, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world's largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry's leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category's definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
Headquartered in New York City, with a product and engineering office in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
BetterCloud is seeking an enterprising individual to join our Developer Experience squad as an API Technical Writer, focusing on our internal and external technical documentation, including developers' guides and detailed API documentation. You will help BetterCloud in their journey in becoming an API First company, focused on having a world class developer experience.
- Experience in a writing role
- Proven ability to work with developers and write for a developer audience
- Understanding of OpenAPI, REST, GraphQL, gRPC, and Async APIs
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Passion to thrive in a growth-mindset environment
- Experience writing documentation for APIs, SDKs, components, and tools
- Ability to develop SDKs and write code snippets in multiple languages is a plus
- Design, develop & deliver documentation for the BetterCloud APIs
- Develop content re-use and single-sourcing strategies
- Provide feedback on API standards and consistency between API designs
- Gather feedback from customers, internal and external, to improve our documentation
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Full benefits package
- Career growth with an industry innovator
We have a mission to foster a culture at BetterCloud that empowers, celebrates, and values our differences in order to grow community, safety, and trust in our work environment. DEI&B is core to who we are and what we do. From an employee-led Diversity Council empowering our differences, to multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) creating a strong sense of belonging, to frequent outside speakers focusing on DEI&B topics, our commitment is non negotiable.
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
- Remote - Qualified applicants based on most states of the U.S.A. are eligible for this position. Note that there are a number of states from where this position cannot be held.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents BetterCloud's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $128,250 - $142,500
This salary range represents BetterCloud's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of posting, and BetterCloud may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. The final salary for this position will be determined in BetterCloud's sole discretion, consistent with applicable law, and based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the employee's work experience, skills, and qualifications for the role, as well as the needs of BetterCloud's business and other operational considerations.
Overview of BetterCloud Benefits:
- Health benefits package (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible spending accounts
- PTO (sick leave, parental leave, vacation benefits)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental Health Resources
- Stock Options
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $128,250.00 - $142,500.00 per year